Guess what? I leave for ALA Annual 2013 tomorrow morning around 5:30am. And I’m anticipating having a great time. I’m also anticipating exhaustion. I’ve been to 2 teaching conferences from my previous life and one thing I remember, besides meeting wonderful people and being really inspired to go out and do great things, is exhaustion.
So of course you would think I’d be getting a good nights’ sleep tonight! Right! Hah! I wish.
Instead I’m doing laundry, reading twitter, watching Full House reruns and generally trying to pack / clean / prepare. I figured it’d be interesting to keep track of what I take and what I actually use so that I can be better prepared for next time.
- Kindle has been charged completely.
- Charging battery pack.
- Grabbed power cord.
22:06 – 22:13
- Surfaced clean island counter.
- Took recycling to recycling bin.
- Took care of grocery bags.
- Transferred washing machine stuff to the dryer.
- Emptied overnight bag.
22:13 – 22:19
- Wrote reminder note of food I’m packing.
- Started creating a “pack this” station at kitchen table.
- Surfaced clean counters.
- Checked twitter.
22:19 – 22:38
- Wrote “suitcase” and “backpack” packing list.
- Attempted to get on desktop to print tickets/hotel info but failed b/c the battery operated “wireless” mouse isn’t work.*
- Checked email / twitter / facebook on laptop.
*”wireless” because until tonight I assumed it was wireless. It is not. It is battery operated. And can I find replacement batteries? Nope.
22:38 – 22:55
- Found a bag to work as food cooler.
- Emptied dishwasher.
- Loaded dishwasher.
- Took out glass recycling (b/c in Michigan we get 10 cents for that!)
- Check twitter.
- Check facebook.
- Attempt to write facebook status. Decide not to. Write. Erase. Write. Erase. Update blog instead.
- Wrote facebook status anyway.
- Switched from Full House reruns to Friends.
- Dryer beeped!
23:?? – 23:32
- Took laundry upstairs.
- Brought down water cups and put in dishwasher.
- Found batteries, put in mouse, printed ticket.
- Collected all chargers, took photo, posted to social media.
- Drank a glass of water.
23:32 – 23:43
- Entered into a twitter conversation with a friend.
- Printed cursory ALA plan.
- Printed ALA Shuttle Schedule.
- Drank another glass of water.
23:43 – 23:53
- Grabbed American Libraries magazine and Entertainment Weekly.
- Got AADL totebag from the car.
- Set on counter everything I don’t want to forget in the morning (including cough drops, magazines, kindle, computer case).
- Decide everything I have to do on the first floor is done and I should move upstairs and actually pack as much as I can and then in the morning just add essentials like makeup / face routine stuff / mouth routine stuff and shower routine stuff.
- GChat for awhile.
- See ya’ll from ALA.